Fat Bikes were developed to ride in the wilds of Alaska originally and have quickly become popular with riders who live or spend time in snowy areas. Because of the Fat tires low air pressure can be used with a big volume of air in the tire. This gives us great traction in the snow and even on ice. Exploring snow covered trails on Fat Bikes has given a whole new meaning to winter riding, FUN!
Amazing snow riding on Yatsugatake!
- Ride Area
- Tateshina Mtn, Yatsugatake Mtn. Fujimi Highlands
- Local Attractions
- Mugikusa Pass, Happodaira, Mishakeike Pond
- Riding Season
- As long as snow in mountains
- Time Required
- Easy ride to advanced, for any level
- Number of Participants
- minimum 2 riders
- 1-2 riders: 7800 yen/person
3 or more riders: 6800 yen/person
- What is Included
- A day of guided tour
- Rental fat bike avaialble for 3000 yen
Helmet rental for free
Gloves for sale
Change room and shower availalbe at Yatsugatake Cycling.
Car parking space available.
- Suitable Bikes
- Fat bike
- Layers are recommended for winter riding, you will be surprised at how warm you are while riding but having an extra layer for when you are stopped is good. On cold days we recommend short breaks or even no breaks to keep ourselves warm. We find hiking shoes, snowboard boots along with winter boots work well for a days riding. Winter gloves not mittens and a hat to keep the heat in are a must.
- What to bring
- Neck warmer; gloves; warm hat, vest.
- Rental Accessories
- Helmet rental for free; Gloves for sale at 200 yen to 2500 yen.
- Rental Bikes
WOMaker: KONASize: Small , Medium and Large
All our tours are examples and all can be changed to our individual customers needs.
9:00Meet at Yatsugatake CyclingAfter preparing the bikes and ourselves we load into the van and drive up the mountain to the ride start point.
9:30Snow RideRides location vary upon the snow conditions and riders ability levels.
2:00Finish and back to Yatugatake Cycling
And lunch!Ride ends at Yatsugatake Cycling with a hamburger lunch