Have us take you up to the Mugikusa Pass then its all downhill from here. Nagano prefecture has many great passses for cyclists, Mugikusa is one of them, the road is long but not extremly steep even for those who chose to climb to the pass at 2137 meters. Controling your speed is easy with our disc brake equiped rental bikes. The 20 kilometer downhill back to Yatsugatake cycling is recommended for riders who have some experience riding bicycles
Downhilliing from 2127 m altitude.
- Ride Area
- Mugikusa Pass; Tateshina; Yatsugatake Cycling
- Local Attractions
- Mugikusa Pass; Yatsutagake
- Riding Season
- June through October
- Time Required
- 3-4 hours
- Expert rider
- Number of Participants
- Minimum 2 riders
- 4500 yen for 2 hours/6000 yen for 4 hours
- What is Included
- Bike rental and helmet: 2500 yen for 2 hours/4000 yen for 4 hours; Cyclist shuttle to the top: 2000 yen
- Bathroom, shower and changing room available.
Pick up service at nearby stations and hotels available for 2000 yen.
Guided tour available upon reservation, including pick up service.
- Suitable Bikes
- Cross bike, Road bike
- Comfortable wear; Helmet is a must.
- What to bring
- Layers recommended for variable temperatures and weather.
- Rental Accessories
- Helmet rental for free; Gloves for sale at 200 yen to 2500 yen.
- Rental Bikes
- Road bike and cross bike rental available: 4000 yen for 4 hours; 6000 yen for a day
Cannondale Synapse RoadMaker: CannondaleSize: 51 cm and 54 cm
Cannondale CrossbikeMaker: CannondaleSize: xs and small
Cannondale Gravel BikeMaker: CannondaleSize: Medium and Large
Merida Gran Speed 100Maker: MERIDASize: Small 47cm , Medium 50cm and Large 52cm
Cannondale Cross BikeMaker: Cannondale Size: small
Cannondale Synapse Road BikeMaker: CANNONDALESize: Small, Medium and Large
Kona Dew PlusMaker: KonaSize: Small 46cm , Medium 49cm and Large 51cm
Cannondale Synapse – xsMaker: CANNONDALESize: x-small -44cm
Miyata Cruise e-bikeSize: small- medium
Liv e-bikeMaker: Giant - LIVSize: xxs 375
Gios EasyMaker: GiosSize: 35cm frame
All our tours are examples and all can be changed to our individual customers needs.
9:00Fill out entry sheet.
Fit a bike and a helmet.
Load bikes and riders in the van.
9:40Shuttle to Mugikusa Pass
10:20Get ready and start riding
13:00Back to Yatsugatake Cycling