Perfect destination from Yatsugatake Cycling for first timers. Tateshina Lake gives us different impressions in each of the seasons. After climbing up to the lake an ice cream cone goes down well before enjoying the downhill ride back to Yatsugatake Cycling.
Backroad Cycling to Tateshina Lake
- Ride Area
- Tateshina Lake
- Local Attractions
- Tateshina Lake; Sekiko ji temple; Barakura English Garden
- Riding Season
- April through October
- Time Required
- 2- 4 hours 9 km
- Beginners to fit riders
- Number of Participants
- Mininum 1 rider
- 2500 yen for 2 hours/4000 yen for 4 hours
- What is Included
- Bike rental and helmet
- Shuttle pickup service available for emergency; Guided tour
available. Bathroom, shower and changing room available.
- Suitable Bikes
- Cross bike, Road bike
- Comfortable wear; Helmet is a must.
- What to bring
- Layers recommended for variable temperatures and weather.
- Rental Accessories
- Helmet rental for free; Gloves for sale at 200 yen to 2500 yen.
- Rental Bikes
- Road bike and cross bike rental 2500 yen for 2 hours; 4000 yen for 4 hours.
All our tours are examples and all can be changed to our individual customers needs.
9:00Reception, preparationFill out a riders application.
Bike and Helmet fitting
We expect you to wear a helmet while you ride.
9:20Start riding, after an easy kilometer ride to warm up , we follow a
backroad up around the golf course to Lake Tateshina.
The climb is challenging in some parts but it is not to far to the lake
and a park to rest at. After a short break, roll around the lake before
letting gravity take you back down to Yatsugatake Cycling.
11:00/13:00Back to Yatsugatake Cycling